Burnout Hits Everyone
Burnout is something almost all students face eventually. One simply cannot study intensely for long periods of time for days without getting run down. Burnout is something that has affected me from time to time in the past and in my current studying. I couldn’t bring myself to study anymore for the MCAT. I had lost my drive for many other things in my life. I had become frustrated at my apparent lack of progress with studying. This will be the first post in a short series of entries that will look at different methods I used to get myself back on track.
*Note: This is not meant to be medical advise. Please see your doctor for all medically related opinions and diagnoses.
Is it burnout?
- Lack of motivation
- Loose track of goals and drive
- You’ve been studying/working on a project for a while
Things you can do to help:
- Step back and assess your situation.
- Take a break from things for a while.
- Make time for yourself and the things you enjoy
- Cut back on the things that are dragging you down.