I will be adding the top three Caribbean medical schools to my list of schools. These top three Caribbean medical schools are, to the best of my research so far, Ross University, American University of the Caribbean, and St. George’s University. This YouTube clip is a quick interview with Dr. Lynn Eckhert who conducted a study, published in April 2010, on the education received at Caribbean medical schools.
I’ve started doing some more in-depth research on Caribbean med schools to find out how they compare to the DO schools I’m also looking at. I’m trying to look at objective criteria like:
- USMLE steps 1/2 pass rate on the first shot
- Years 3/4 Clinical Rotation Sites
- Placements into specialties that I am considering
- Class size
- Teaching style
This’ll be my weekend project, aside from studying Pharmacology. *groans* I’ll be sure to post my findings as they come up. If you have any facts, evidence, or advice that you’d like to add I welcome the comments. Cheers!
- Investigating Alternatives (flusteredgrad.wordpress.com)
- Cost of Waiting (flusteredgrad.wordpress.com)