Calling All Medical Bloggers And Med/Pre-med Readers!
I’m taking an idea that I got from schorrmore’s lovely blog (do visit, it’s simply awesome 🙂 ). I am thinking of doing a medically based quiz of sorts for all the bloggers/readers to take part in. Here’s the scoop:
- It would be a weekly posting
- Based on an interesting case report or something in the realm of medical science
- It would be open to anyone via posting their answer in the comments or a poll embedded in the blog entry
- Meant to foster a sense of community and friendly competition among med community bloggers and readers
- Keep fresh on your scientific and medical knowledge
Here’s an example:
Identify the bacterium in the picture below:
Post the answer if you can figure it out in the comments below.
Hint #1 (highlight over the text to view): It’s a common, seasonal infection in wooded areas.
Hint #2: It is most commonly transmitted to humans via an arachnid.
What do you think?? 😀 I’m excited to see if we could get something going. There’s the possibility to present an interesting clinical case each week and see who can come up with a diagnosis. If you get it right you’d get a point. The students get to learn something from the cases and the seasoned med students/residents get to show off their mad skillz!